Mac Bogert founded Allen Zabriskie and Associates in 1994
Prior to founding AZA, Mac Bogert had worked in staff development, retail, direct sales, and classroom teaching. He also served as Education Coordinator at Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, where he taught writing and acting as well. He started his company because
- He was energized by working with people.
- He wanted to focus on soft skills to help people work together.
- He wanted to run his own business free of the restrictions inherent in organizations.
- He wanted to design innovative learning experiences that were interactive, interesting, and useful.
- As an "outsider," he could provide a safe environment in which participants could ask questions and explore options.
Mac is still active in theater and serves as a volunteer community mediator. In his spare time, he plays jazz and blues and sails his sloop, Four Winds, on the Chesapeake Bay.